Monday, July 16, 2012

Deep Thoughts

          Tonight, I went caving with seven friends. First, Shanti picked me up, then we collected Tim and Jeremy, an intensely outgoing but likeable chap from Kingston. We met the other party at Wal-Mart after gathering some materials and food: Rose, Jo Ann, Katie C, and Leif, a middle-aged gentleman who is somehow part of this circle. We then proceeded to a nearby system of enormous caves, the remnants of an old mine. Leif's been going there since his teens, and knows his way around very well. After going about half a mile into the caves, we lit a campfire and told stories. Shanti brought along her laser pointers, which have amazing, rotatable filters on them and look fantastic in locations with so few visual stimuli. After the smoke began to collect we headed to a different part of the cave, pausing to inspect a graffiti'd-up old concrete structure that Leif calls the Art Gallery. When we reached part of the underground lake, where Shanti and Leif had previously placed scores of tea lights and art around the walls, we paused for a snack and a bit of exploration. I acquired two small rocks that lay in a pool of calcium, which bleaches them snow white. By the end of our adventure we were all very exhausted, and I was glad to collapse into bed.
          Quotes of the day:
"He was the Dracula of blues music." - Tim
"I came up with a blues name for myself: Jumpin' Jack Zodiac." - Tim
"He does look a little like Moby, it's true. Wait, maybe it is Moby." - Tim
"I'm not quitting until I do a song with Kreayshawn." - Jeremy
"I love being covered in blood, especially when it tastes like chocolate." - Jeremy
"I wouldn't mind dying. I haven't died in a while." - Jeremy
"I made a song called 'Cuttin' Clits'." - Jeremy
"I like caves. Yo! Imma chill with Batman." - Jeremy
"They should put Snow and Edgar Winter together on a track and see what happens." - me
"Insidious in Pig Latin is pretty much Sin City." - Shanti
"Oh man, this guy's wailing. They should call him Moby Dick, he's wailing so hard." - Jeremy, on a guitarist
"This is a fag wagon, all right." - Jeremy
"They're salamanders with no pigment in their skin and no eyes and they're fucking terrifying." - Tim
"Jesus has nothing to do with 3G." - Tim
"I got so much kindle, I might as well read a book." - Jeremy
"Oh shit, Noah's Ark goin' on over here." - Jeremy
"He just said that 'cause he was swaggin on Sandy." - Jeremy, on Spongebob
"Hail Satan." - Jo Ann
"When I'm dead, I have a final request. I want there to be a rave." - Jeremy
"Whoaaa, carbon dioxide!" - Jeremy
"Fuck the whole world. You want the universe. Right? You go hard." - Jeremy
"We also have to get drunk together. That would also be fun." - Rose
"Fuckfly? That's a sick band name." - Tim
"It's getting warmer. And moister." - Rose
"There's naked people in here. I saved the best for last." - Leif
"Oh man, that must have been the I Shot My Wad Tour. That was in '88!" - Leif
"Deep cave gourmet foods." - Shanti
"We can't talk about Andy. Andy's the Antichrist." - Jeremy
"Get tons of chicks pregnant, then just eat the children." - Tim
"You're the quintessential not-redneck from upstate." - Shanti
...
Jeremy: "This shit's talkin' shit!"
Tim: "He's firing back! He's firing back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment