Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Don't Stop Shooting

          I arrived at work in an extremely ill temper, but finishing Jesse's pipe (the final one!) within an hour made me feel better. On my breaks from working with the glass rings, I read A Storm of Swords and discussed it with Matt until he spoiled a major character's death several chapters ahead. Since we no longer have to blast the music over our grinders, it's at a much more agreeable volume and Billy and I were able to really converse as we worked. He told me stories about my old physics teacher and what rednecks they were back in the day, such as hunting from the cab of a pickup, as well as other tales from his youth. Example: After the present-day mayor vomited on some girl at a New Years' Eve party, his mother made the guy clean it up and then fixed egg sandwiches for people. After work, and in high spirits, I went to Brian's, where we watched episodes five through eight of season 2 of The Sopranos.
          Quote of the day:
"He wasn't shooting out of the back. He was shooting out of the passenger seat!" - Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment