Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Better Call Saul

Notes for this entry were lost.

          I was hyper-productive today, accomplishing a boatload of work despite Jeremy's absence. After a brisk jaunt over to another attorney's office on Congress Street, I attended to various issues pertinent to my boss that I would probably never encounter if the office wasn't so small, up-close and personal (i.e. mold inspection testing, tax issues, variances on property, etc.) Jeremy then decided that he wanted to cut my hours, already a little skimpy, down to five a day. I told him I needed until next week to find a supplementary job. I may not find one, but I'd prefer to put off loans for rent for as long as possible. After work, I took a nap to cool down and process this change in circumstances.
          Iris and I watched No Country For Old Men, about which my feelings are decidedly mixed. Javier Bardem's personality-less hitman is strangely fascinating, while Tommy Lee Jones gives another fine performance as Tommy Lee Jones. A tenacious Josh Brolin and the beautiful Kelly Macdonald round out a great cast. (Woody Harrelson is good too, but he's a diq in real life, so...) The action is brazen without drifting into cheesiness, and the dialogue is top notch. The ending completely lacked closure, which was frustrating, though probably intentional. There's also an impotent character credited as "Agua Man," so I'm guessing the whole thing is a well-disguised retelling of JLA.
          Quotes of the day:
"It literally smells like the Fourth of July in here!" - Lisa
"See, I'm not crazy, Andy smells it now!" - Lisa
"There's an old saying: Second lawyer in, not good. Third or fourth lawyer in, really not good!" - Attorney E. [redacted]
"I am completely wired for this case tomorrow. I am ready to fight." - Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment