Friday, November 22, 2013

Burn Down the Mission

Notes for this entry were lost.

          Flexing my section leader muscles, I organized a trumpet meetup at Tasty Burger, which went quite well. A good half or more of the section was in attendance, which is great considering the sheer amount of fresh meat throughout the band. I hurried home afterward to suit up, meet with Jared, and walk out to Mission Hill for a combined birthday party for Harrison (20) and Eliot (21). We walked up two flights of stairs and into a rager, where we met with Alaric and Iris. Eliot prepared a martini for me -- my first -- and I was not particularly thrilled with the vermouth/olive combination. I was even less thrilled with the martini glass, which is possibly the least practical vessel for drinking on earth. After some conversation and hors d'oeuvres, Alaric, Jared and I settled out on the balcony with drinks and cigars. Along with Harrison, Carisa, Lena, and a few others, we finished off the last of Alaric's Cubans and reminisced. The evening went magnificently, and we were in a very strange mood by the time we got home. Iris, Alaric and I made new drinks, put on Bruce Springsteen, and rocked out for a couple hours. We were engulfed in a massive wave of drunken, joyous nostalgia upon listening to "Jungleland", and obtained some wonderful footage of Iris during "Dancing In the Dark". In terms of fun, tonight was easily one of the best this semester.
          Quotes of the day:
"Let's just say 'fuck it' to the whole thing. Let's blow it up." - Jeremy
"You can't discuss anything with [redacted] because his word is nothing. He's a liar, he's a thug." - Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment