Notes for this entry were lost.
In a feat of unproductivity that was remarkable even for me, I spent the first hour and a half at work reading about a debacle in the speedrunning community which involved twitch.tv and a lot of drama. For the uninitiated, speedrunning is a niche video gaming hobby where people try to beat games as quickly as humanly possible, often using exploits and glitches to cut away normally unavoidable pieces of gameplay. twitch.tv is a streaming site used by gamers. If you're at all interested in that kind of story, the Twitch CEO "apologized" here, and there's a lot of valuable discussion in the comments below. It might not be important in the grand scheme of things, but at least this sets an example for how not to do customer support.
If the first half of the day was justifiably slow, the second was hellish. I was hit with a rush of work while trying to sort out this new Social Security/tax business and was stressed to no end. However, it's true that trouble, like a hill, flattens out when you advance on it. After work, Iris and I went to see Big D and the Kids Table (!!!) at afterHOURS, and they put on an incredible show. The band performed well -- "Bender" was my favorite song -- the audience was into it, and everything went off without the hitches typical of afterHOURS. In terms of atmosphere, it was far superior to the Baths show, but I'm still deciding which was my favorite.
Quotes of the day:
"I have to go into the conference room and clear out everything Mark stole from me over the course of the day." - Ally
"I found an entire thing of untouched tabs in there the other day, it was great." - Lisa
...
Ally: "I've never encountered anyone like [redacted] in all the time I've worked here."
Lisa: "He is kind of the be-all end-all of douchebag adjusters... He really needs to watch it."
No comments:
Post a Comment