Friday, February 14, 2014

College Story

Notes for this entry were lost.

          By some act of God, I woke up on Valentine's Day with no hangover whatsoever. After skipping E. Science on a rare whim, I had a Velma moment and spent twenty minutes hunting for my glasses. ("Jinkies!") I put up the art day materials in the living room and did some general cleaning. In the evening, I went to Harrison's with Alanna for what I believed would be a typically well-attended Harrison party. Instead, we walked into a monster of a rager; the apartment was packed full of people and boomed with noise. After I played a disastrous round of slap cup, Alanna and I danced to "Hey Ya" and then took shelter in Harrison's room. We shared conversation and waited for him to show up so that we could smoke, but he was MIA for some time, and eventually the noise level trickled down to silence. We emerged to find everyone gone, all of the lights off, and Harrison completely incapacitated on the couch. Apparently, the police had come to clear out the party, but they missed us.
          Quotes of the day:
"Executive orders aren't as cool as people think." - guy in class
"Most of my office hours I'm sitting there, reading my email, eating chocolate..." - Prof. Britt
"Future lawyer of America right there. Best response I've ever heard." - Danny, re: Scott's solution of canceling a graduation banquet outright
"There's no benediction at the Grammys, but half of the people thank God anyway." - Mike
"I'm trying to start a BDP. Big Dance Party." - Eliot
...
Prof. Britt: "But what about the students that didn't win awards? They don't get to speak."
Mike: "They have nothing to be thankful for. They didn't win."

No comments:

Post a Comment