Today was frustrating. I woke up and dove into finishing my U.S. Congress presentation, somehow churning out a vaguely finished product by class time. I was basically shell shocked by the time I got to the library to print up the supplemental materials. There, I was advised by a library attendant that "the queue is shorter" at the other printer. Of course, she was wrong; the queue was equally long at the other printer, which is to say, of ungodly length. In class, I struggled through my presentation but managed to approximate a semblance of knowledgeability. Prof. Beauchamp used "waffler" in a sentence and I was instantly, ravenously hungry. After class, I found out that Alanna and I were ripped off on a joint venture. Discouraged and angry, I went directly to sleep on the couch.
Quotes of the day:
"He's 87 now, and it was expected that he could win again. Basically, all he has to do is be alive at this point." - Prof. Beauchamp, re: John Dingell, Jr.
"John Ashcroft lost to a dead guy." - Guy in class
"Remember, Wikipedia is a game for those who play it. Wikipedia is a video game where the goal is not to get your edit reversed." - Prof. Beauchamp
"Yeah, I'm sorry, that was not English." - Another guy in class
Re: Keystone XL...
Nicole: "They're gonna have to get individual approval from every property owner in Nebraska, which is impossible..."
A third guy in class: "That's like 3 people."
...
Yet another guy in class: "What if he decided to run again? And it was election day and he died, but his campaign staff didn't want to tell anyone? And he won?"
Me: "I know what you did last November."
No comments:
Post a Comment