Notes for this entry were lost.
The morning after Iris's party, life moved at a predictably lethargic pace in our apartment. Alaric, Iris and I went to Subway for breakfast (BMT with mayo for the win) and played Super Smash Bros. for some time. In the evening, Iris and I shared a birthday dinner at a restaurant called Gran Gusto, curiously located deep in a residential district of Cambridge. It was recommended by Prof. Binetti last year, and did not disappoint. We shared a subtle and flavorful appetizer of beef carpaccio while marveling at how abnormally empty the place seemed. Iris ate a pizza with truffle oil (not bad at all), and I enjoyed a wonderful (and huge) serving of gnocchi. After a great deal of prodding, Iris consented to purchase her first legal drink in a restaurant and ordered limoncello. She then drank it like a shot, which reminded me of the scene in Shrek where the eponymous ogre drinks from the handwashing basin. After dinner, John and I smoked in Iris's company and unwound.
No comments:
Post a Comment