Thursday, February 13, 2014

Smash Mouth

Notes for this entry were lost.

          JL is testing out assigning smaller bands for the perennially unpopular women's basketball games, and it worked out great today. The small but proportional sound is crisp and controlled, and a dream team of Nathaniel, Claire and me had the trumpet section on lock. The game itself was a massive 78-57 victory over William & Mary, unusually exciting for a women's game. Georgia was briefly the cruelest person on earth after I knocked her phone off a music stand. I turned it over to find the screen crushed, then met her shocked expression, which she maintained for a few moments before laughing and telling me it had already been that way. Evil walks among us.
          Jake threw an "all-band" party after the game, and after some hedging I decided to go, accompanied by Alaric, Sabrina and Peter. Par for the course for parties at Jake's, matters got very loud and very drunk in short order. I spent an hour just sitting by the bathtub, feeling uncomfortable; and by the time I was back to health, Sabrina, Peter and Alaric had all ditched. I took the long, cold, slippery walk down Parker with Popeo and Chris P, who at least provided conversation. Stumbling into bed feeling like crap is not my usual style, but tonight was exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment