Friday, February 28, 2014

Lucky Underwear

          With minimal studying beforehand, my E. Science midterm went pretty well(?) Immediately afterward, I remembered that the B&T midterm was a take-home, so that became a two hour rush job. I completed it on time and enjoyed another day off from class. AWPL was a fascinating look into the narrative properties of coherence (does the narrative make sense? does everything fit?), correspondence (how well does the narrative match traditional story arcs?), and fidelity (on a personal level, how does the narrative match one's culture and beliefs?) With these in mind, we examined Raytheon v. Hernandez, a case about a drunkard fired by a defense contractor. I saw it as one-sided, but perhaps that's just due to the fidelity of Raytheon's argument.
          Alaric and I shared drinks before heading to the last women's hockey game at home, versus our semi-rivals, UNH. No one was able to score in the first or second periods. UNH finally got on the board in the third, and the outlook was bleak until the Huskies pulled a 2-goal comeback in the last two minutes. This was the second game in a row where I was advising them to pull their goalie the whole time, and the second in a row where they listened, and the second in a row where it was too late. A came home feeling triumphant, and collapsed after a very successful all-nighter.
          Quote of the day:
"He never had any disciplinary problems, except for the two that he had." - Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment