Monday, July 13, 2015

In the Pipeline

          In a desperate and failed bid to make it to work on time, I jumped two fences and a wall after confusing the Yawkey and Fenway stations. The silver lining: in the end, I walked to catch the CT2 bus, a happy discovery. It runs somewhat infrequently, but appears to be the quickest route to work -- prime example of Northeastern qualities of making a lot of mistakes and sometimes learning innovating as a result. Work was a quick dive into my new media monitoring duties -- basically just checking Google News and a few trade publications every day for certain terms; I have two such tasks daily, possibly with more to come. I stayed late to finish up my work, which I'm determined not to turn into too much of a pattern (though picking up some overtime is an appealing idea.)
          I tried to take the CT2 home, decided not to wait for it and took the T instead; mercifully, it was not overfull. At home, Nathan was reaching the end of the third season of House of Cards; Iris came over to talk and I tried to convince her to start the show, without success. She fed me chicken pot pie and ice cream and I was out.

No comments:

Post a Comment