Thursday, July 2, 2015
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
I slept in, relishing my last few days of freedom before co-op begins, and watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy with Sean. Of course I knew the ending in advance this time, but the film's "dense puzzle of anxiety, paranoia, and espionage" (Rotten Tomatoes) is well crafted. Gary Oldman naturally lends gravitas to the role of Smiley, and while his quiet power carries the movie, the supporting cast is hardly shabby. I enjoy mysteries where all the pieces are on the table, but they aren't easy to put together -- see And Then There Were None for the opposite effect. Finally giving in, Sean started Game of Thrones before I left for Michelle's place. We hung out and watched Trapped in the Closet, and she cut my hair too! At the end of a relaxing walk home I found Sean still binging Thrones, and joined him to finish the first season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment