Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Metastatic Joy
During a sweep of cancer news at work, I enjoyed a moment of hilarity upon noticing that one firm working on cancer therapeutics is located on "Road to the Cure, San Diego, CA." (I felt very sober when it passed.) Today was quiet and easy, with a simpler media audit to keep me occupied. I got some more free food, continuing a promising trend; later, looking into food industry trade publications, I had another laugh at "Meatingplace". Later, I signed on to a conference call for Bernie meeting organizers -- that's right! There were a few hundred people on the call, and at one point they unmuted everyone for a cheer that sent a choppy wave of jubilant shouting through my phone. The organizers seemed mostly organized themselves, if a little ragged, but the group's energy seemed irrepressible. Afterward: more of Boardwalk Empire, now in season two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment