Today, a constant upward inflection in someone's voice was interspersed into the buzz of the office around me, and once my brain picked up on it there was no end to the agony. I eventually just stuffed in earbuds and listened to Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly. Later, we enjoyed cake and champagne at Krystle's baby shower; on a large calendar printout, everyone took bets on the date of birth, length and weight. I went "the price is right" mode on Kati, immediately picking the same date and relatively close stats.
I went home and watched two episodes mid-to-late in season 5 of The Wire, in which even the most dramatic events are typically understated (and I'll say no more). Suffice to say, surprises abound. Also, I forgot to mention that after I signed up our apartment for a Bernie organizing meeting (tomorrow!) I received a box in the mail with a ton of campaign buttons, bumper stickers, and two rolls of circular stickers, as well as donation packets. I got another of these boxes today, which is just awesome and ensures that I'll have some swag left over post-meeting.
Quote of the day:
"You can't spell 'the Hispanic vote' without 'panic.'" - me
No comments:
Post a Comment