I took work to the next level today and had a very brief lunch, opting instead to plug away. I ran out a few minutes early, rushed to Curry to check if my swipe card was functional, then hustled home for the Bernie meeting! The first person to show up was a retirement-age gentleman, then a ton of students poured in right around the deadline. All told, we had 28 attendees: four seniors and twenty-four twenty-somethings. Bernie's address was quite short, but we also took some time to say our names, what we studied or where we worked, and our reasons for supporting Bernie. My reason was his constant compassion for the most vulnerable Americans. The buttons and stickers were a hit, but I came out with a ton of leftover materials.
After the meeting, Lauren, Lindsay, Molly, Iris, Kofi, and Jules stuck around for a while and chatted in my newly reordered room (it is finally suitable for company.) Dave also appeared, which was a surprise given that the meeting had ended some time before. Later, it was time for the return of my radio show; I was joined by Julia, Jules, and a bottle of tequila, though ultimately there were problems with the online stream. (Technically we were on the air, but I doubt that anyone within a mile radius was operating a radio.) Stretching the evening a bit, the three of us walked to the reflecting pool before parting ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment