Friday, July 24, 2015

Oculostu ;;

          I ate two bagels for Bagel Friday and soon felt like utter garbage. My stomach felt like a dishrag getting wrung out. After a half hour mainly spent feeling like death, I taxied to FedEx and back on a simple task; it was refreshing to get out of the office and into Cambridge, and that distracted me from the pain. It eased over the next few hours, and the rest of the day went smoothly. I came home to a free Ben Carson sticker in the mailbox, which is good for a laugh if nothing else.
          For National Tequila Day, I had Lindsay, Lauren F, Julia, Kofi, Becky, and tequila queen Regina over for drinks. We had three types of my favorite sort of alcohol, as well as some Oculto to moderate. Julia and I worked on a list of commonalities between our personalities. Later, a few of us obtained College Pizza calzones and watched Oculus, which is an effectively creepy supernatural horror. (The female lead is hard to deal with, though. She creates the entire situation and relies on "fail-safes" that she acknowledges to be fallible...) The end was a tad predictable, but well played nonetheless, and the apple-lightbulb-apple bit was as good a switcheroo as I've seen recently.
          Quote of the day:
"It's 3:30 on a Friday, everything looks like a margarita right now." - me

No comments:

Post a Comment