Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Dishonored

          My third day of training began very early, and the first thing I did was an awkward practice phone call with Jeremy. The remainder of the day went well, I took more calls and built up my confidence on the phone. By virtue of one of my House Stark wallpapers, I also learned that Katie, the assistant, is a big Game of Thrones fan. After working with tons of tax information and writing some cover letters, it was time to go. Iris and I continued Boardwalk Empire, and I played hours of Dishonored in the evening. This streak of vidojims was interrupted at about 3 a.m. by an incident occurring in a parking lot across the street. Two guys were doing that aggravating, up-in-your-face posturing ritual and screaming in each other's faces; one of them kept shouting, "SHOOT ME, NIGGA! SHOOT ME!"A third guy kept running between them and a parked, idling car, and the whole affair was pretty sketchy.

I hate this.
          I was genuinely afraid that this would end very badly, so I called 911 for the second time in my life and described the situation as best I could. The dudes all sped off in the car or otherwise departed, and by the time an unmarked car came by and beeped at the parking lot a couple times, they were long gone. The night ended quietly, and I played through the finale of Dishonored before surrendering to sleep. I had started out with an eye toward more stealth and nonlethal kills to get the good ending, but eventually, that method grew irritatingly difficult. I played the last several levels on "kill almost everything" mode, and the bad ending is bad indeed. I recommend Dishonored, it's a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment