Thursday, July 4, 2013

Stars and Stripes Forever

          July 4 is one of my favorite holidays. I'm no hyperpatriot, but I do occasionally indulge in a certain love for our country, and what better day for it? Props to my great-grandfather, who escaped a munitions plant explosion during WW2; my grandpa Marty, who was a Navy boxing club prodigy; my grandpa Roy (rest his soul) who served in the Army; and to my uncle Stephen, who was an Army medic for several years. I spent most of the day at Logan's, watching cartoons and marveling at the fact that the 24th edition of Kidz Bop is coming out. I took the opportunity to act as Logan's hype man when he got involved in some extended-family drama over the phone. A pleasant bus shift with an all-star staff ended early for me, and I was happy to hear fireworks over the neighborhood. Sometimes it's not so bad living in farm country.
          Quotes of the day:
"I know you can make him cry on the phone, Logan! I'm sure you can!" - Carol, encouragingly

No comments:

Post a Comment