Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Nine Lives

          I went to the DMV this morning to replace my lost permit, sharing some interesting conversation with my father on the way. He says he doesn't want to fix the septic system for a few months because that would disturb the birds living in the nearby trees, to which I say: just deal with it. Before we came home, we stopped at the cat-shaped museum in Catskill since I've never been. It's a pretty cool spot, and people come from all over to leave notes in the guest book or a little memento pinned to the bulletin board. I took a nap before going to Rhinebeck with my aunt Judy and uncle Steve for Thai food at a place called Aroi. After an appetizer of spring rolls and some spicy yet tasty Chicken Satay, I feasted on some delectable Massaman curry with braised beef and butternut squash. I spent the rest of the night at Brian's, where we made firecrackers on the grill, mused on a variety of topics and reminisced about camp. He says that after I left the staff there, a desk was sunk in the lake, followed by a TV and telephone laid atop it. We also watched some of Boardwalk Empire's second season.
          Quotes of the day:
"Can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em. Right, Andrew?" - Brian
"It's like bad karma with you, Andy, every time I'm in this car." - Brian


It's a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment