We shared dinner at Tasty Burger, where I caught my father watching Batman Forever on the TV above the bar, and then walked all around the Fenway Park area. We bumped into Iris on the way back to the apartment complex and she helped me move in smoothly. My roommate is a very personable, big-teddy-bear type named Gary, and was very accommodating considering my unexpected arrival. The apartment itself is essentially three rooms -- a tiny bathroom, a spacious double bedroom, and a simply huge living room with a partially walled-off kitchen area and enormous set of windows. The place is nice, though it seems a little old and the hallway reeks of cigarette smoke; there's also no overhead lighting besides one fixture in the kitchen, just a floor lamp in each room. We're on the Tremont side of the complex with a window toward the street, meaning there should be some interesting experiences ahead. Additionally, there's a pleasant courtyard in between the Columbus and Tremont-side buildings, an unexpected little park with a bench, some grassy area and trees. I invited the Delivery Man to spend the evening with me and Iris while he was in town, and he was happy to oblige. I finished my night with some involved Borderlands play, since I have quite literally nothing to do until I start work next week.
Quotes of the day:
"Do you have any Amy Winehouse?" - Father, throwing me for a music loop again
"How can we turn back time? How can we get simpler?" - Father
"I'm basically just dunkin' on you all." - The Delivery Man, on state quarter collecting
| The Douglass Park apartments, a.k.a. Thugz Mansion |
No comments:
Post a Comment