Today, my grandmother drove me to work. We listened to something that sounded suspiciously like Enya and she talked about how difficult it was to grow up when she did. In her youth, my grandmother folded shirts in a sweatshop-like factory for $6 a day. Though we don't always agree on certain issues, I always respect how hard she worked to provide for her family. The only remarkable moment at work was a strikingly beautiful woman arriving at the bar -- a tall blonde, though small and dark is typically more my type. After work, Brian, Josh and Summer came over to take advantage of my empty home (the family's in Lake George for a few days.) We occupied my room, listened to classic rock, reminisced and spent some quality time on the roof. It's sad to know that the summer is coming to an end, just as I'm spending more time with certain friends and settling in. I'll be glad to be back, so I suppose the best way is simply to live in the moment.
Quote of the day:
"One time, we played with Diet Cherry Coke. It was a loooong night." - Summer
"There'll be so many babies 9 months later." - Summer, planning a party
No comments:
Post a Comment