Today, Shanti and I made plans to attend Summer Slaughter, a metal concert in Clifton Park that we went to a couple of years ago. First, we obtained a jug of drinking water and a container of black-and-white cookies at Price Chopper, where we ran into Saugerties' other Shanti. On the highway, a terrible storm raged around us. On several occasions, the lightning struck directly ahead of us so that we had a dramatic view of the storm. ("What if they're rocking so hard that they've summoned a thunderstorm?") We also came across a couple of pleasing vanity plates: VROOM and GUNNER. Naturally, when we arrived I realized I'd forgotten my ID, since I'm not in the habit of carrying my wallet. This completely sucked, so I took a nap and read some Game of Thrones while Shanti enjoyed the concert. Post-concert, Shanti joined me in the car for some thoughtful musical discussion, resulting in a craving for Guster and orange juice. Soon after, we were approached by a local concertgoer named Ryan, with whom we relaxed in the car for a while. On the way home, Shanti and I listened to sleepy electronic music and discussed how the main Spongebob characters represent the deadly sins (Google it!)
Quotes of the day:
"Fuck yeah, all wheel drive!" - Shanti
"You're gonna want to wriggle around on the ground like a worm." - Shanti
"Fuck you. Fuck. You. Yeah, you're really getting somewhere, 1 car ahead. Die in a maggot-filled dog asshole." - Shanti, alarmingly close to road rage
"They're like this big ball of assholes, shitting wherever it goes." - Shanti
"He was born to be famous. You can't be born with a name like Zappa and not be famous." - Shanti
"That was some angry fuckin' sugar!" - Shanti
No comments:
Post a Comment