Sunday, August 5, 2012

Surprise Wheelchair Attack

          With some reluctance, I agreed to work a dishwashing shift at the Red Onion each Sunday to give Pedro some time off. Today's started with me being locked out in the rain for 20 minutes because no one told me there was a hidden key. The restaurant was dead all evening, but I still took until midnight to finish all of my duties, something I always hated about that job. Matt and Logan picked me up, the latter jumping me in the darkness outside my house and causing me to spill Pepsi all over my face. After stopping at Hess for subsistence fat (donuts), we spent a lot of time just discussing various topics. Example: Is it true that being elected Senator grants you deadly mind powers? I fell asleep after reading Dark Victory, a spectacular Batman comic and sequel to Long Halloween.
          Quotes of the day:
"Sweatin' my fuckin' nutbag off..." - Chef
"I don't get how you can be chubby...and a vegan...and a yoga instructor." - Bart
"Fuckin' scoop it up and give it to the staff tomorrow." - Chris, re: some fallen mashed potatoes
"Where were the other drugs going?" - Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment