Upon waking up, Brian and I decided to go for a trip. First, we invited Josh over and watched a few episodes of The Sopranos. After this thirst was quenched, we ventured into Kingston for a grand day out. First, we visited Nicole at work at the Smoker's Choice, which I've never been inside before. I bought a new Djeep lighter, the first score of the day. After saying our goodbyes, we traveled into an area I haven't been to in some time. Josh bought some new strings for his guitar while Brian and I discussed the strangely consumerist nature of a Beatles neck strap. Next, we stopped at the Parent Teacher Store, a place that was almost fabled in my youth for its amazing array of toy trains, building blocks, action figures and other babbyswag. Walking in the door, the light, woody scent of the place sent me back ten years. We saw and avoided a fifth grade teacher from Morse, and I purchased three double-sided desk pens, a multicolored pair of dice and a miniature set of colored pencils. I scored an abandoned New York Times Fashion section off a bench. The store we'd originally intended to visit, Traders of the Lost Art, was closed, but we had plenty to do anyway. Our last stop in Kingston was at Columbia Beauty Supply, a costume place that my parents always mention but I'd never seen before. There, Brian was temporarily stuck in a ring and I made the greatest impulse purchase: an ornate masquerade mask with a long, hooked nose, my favorite type. With luck, I plan to acquire some more in the future. Back at the garage, we watched a number of Sopranos and Game of Thrones episodes, listened to Ingrid Michaelson, and enjoyed the rainstorm outside. My life was also threatened by an absolutely huge spider on my foot. It was a peaceful, happy day, and a bright spot in the summer.
Quotes of the day:
"This is the best music I've ever heard." - Brian
"I could see some Russian bitch coming in and being like, 'I love it. I'll take two. It reminds me of Moscow.'" - Nicole
"Is good. Nobody will notice." - Josh, in a Russian accent
"Vogue! Strike a pose." - Josh
"Hand me that... Josh-mess. Trish's mess." - Brian
No comments:
Post a Comment