Sunday, December 30, 2012

Blue Velveeta

          I had breakfast at the Collegiate, a great diner in town, with my family, grandparents, aunt and uncle. I settled on a grilled cheese with tomato and vanilla milkshake, which was the best breakfast I've had in some time. Afterward, we went to visit some friends of my dad's, Liz and Jim. We had a fun time introducing our dogs and talking about the relative dangers of bath salts and marijuana, during which my mother kept her lips tightly sealed. Back at my grandfather's, I napped for a few hours and then watched Blue Velvet, a painful David Lynch production full of awkward eroticism and Laura Dern.
          Quotes of the day:
"Their next album should be Who's Left." - Jim
"If Google opened a pharmacy, I would love to work there. I love Google." - Iris
"Why don't you have a beer instead of that? That's sugar, Andy." - Father
...
Me: "I'll do the metal look. Shave my head, grow a really long beard and braid it in two."
Iris: "About our children's custody..."

No comments:

Post a Comment