Friday, December 14, 2012

Defiance, Oklahoma!

           I was woken by a phone call at 5 AM. I picked up to hear my parents arguing on the other end, trying to figure out how they wanted me to get home. Rather than leaving today, they decided that tomorrow would be a more suitable time to come and get me. This was a stroke of good luck (I'd fallen asleep without packing) so I decided to get day drunk instead. Sean and I decided that this would be the best possible time to return our textbooks, and found the line mercifully short. The return went without incident, and I sold back last year's Oklahoma! for $1.75, though one of the “quarters” was some kind of Asian currency. They didn't have a listing for Green Grow the Lilacs, which I take as a good sign for Professor Feinstein's current students. I probably would've received about ten cents for it anyway.
           Back at the apartment, my father called me again. He said that plans had changed and that he might come up as soon as 5 or 6 PM. This threw me into a rush of packing and patching things over with Iris, who had been quite pleased that I was staying an extra night. I packed my bags, got together a crate of things that I don't need at school, said my goodbyes, and we left sometime after 9 PM. The trip was uneventful, and I got home safe.
           Quote of the day:
“I got ripped one night, put this on
loud out in the garage and danced around.” - Father

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the title of the post. Also, Lilacs are still as not green as ever.

    ReplyDelete