The Modern Political Thought final went quite well. There were matching, fill in the blank, multiple choice, short answer, and a choice of essay prompts; most people went with the Marx prompt, but I chose the one about Benthamite utilitarianism vs. Kantian deontology. I also pulled a "joke answer crossed out with single line" on the definition of sapere aude: "Immanuel Kant's catchphrase, Latin for 'dare to know'; often delivered after defeating other philosophers in rap battles." I watched a few episodes of Parks and Recreation with the boys; I find it mildly to my liking, but I'm not crazy for the main character, played by Amy Poehler. For a comedy, though, I have to say it's one of the better programs I've seen. After a disturbingly powerful and sudden ice cream craving today, Iris arrived with multiple tubs of ice cream and toppings as well, and we all reaped the benefits.
Quotes of the day:
"Applied modern political thought." - Sean, propping up the toaster with my textbook
"We could take a test on Marx, find the average and that's what everybody gets." - Professor Lovely
"I can't believe I gave away so much free chicken on this thing..." - Professor Lovely
...
Hugh: "What was the answer to the one about Hobbes?"
Muji: "Fear and reason."
Hugh: "Shit, I wrote fear and fear."
No comments:
Post a Comment