Alaric received an unwanted text at 8:30 this morning, to which he, Sean and I drafted a response after a bit of collaborative editing. I visited Iris before her class, had breakfast at IV, and prepared for my next interview. I kept my composure during this one, a meeting with the head of NU's undergrad admissions team, and it seems like a job that would suit me (if not really advancing my political science focus.) In Research Methods, we watched the Freakonomics film and established some camaraderie on the basis of everyone despising the class. (Though the movie was great.) Finally, Iris and I had an incident in which a pair of her underwear went permanently missing in my room. We turned the place upside down, flipped the mattress, searched with my flashlight, put away loose clutter, everything. They're still lost - shoot me a message if you find them.
Quotes of the day:
"Potential awkwardness versus kinetic awkwardness..." - me
"I don't deserve this shit!" - Alaric
"How do you feel about shock collars?" - Sean
"I have virus of some kind, so occasionally in the corner it will be like, 'Avast! [jazz hands] You have been attacked!' Or something." - Professor Mrdalj
"It is the grain of the legends." - girl in Italian class after a 10 minute debate about farro
"You could betray your girlfriend and say, 'Scusi.'" - Professor Binetti
"I want a full report on farro tomorrow." - Professor Binetti
"Dude! Obama is sick, bro! I really like him." - Random dudebro in Stetty West
No comments:
Post a Comment