After staying up nearly all night so as not to miss Research Methods and/or my scheduled co-op advisor interview, I found out that class was canceled. I still had to stay up and finish going through my co-op selections, however. The appointment was successful and my resume will be sent out in search of 6 law firm jobs, one placement in the NU Admissions Department, one opening at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (recommended to me last year), and one placement each at the mayor's office, the Attorney General's office, and the Inspector General's office. Fingers crossed.
I played some TF2 with Alaric, and I changed my Steam name to "did I fukin ask u 2 speak"; we had fun. Iris and I then went to dinner at Symphony Sushi. The place was packed, but the wait was only 20 minutes instead of the stated 45. The sushi was quite tasty, and very filling. Unfortunately, one of my orders was a very large roll which was cumbersome to handle and impossible to eat in one bite, and I embarrassed Iris by finishing it with my fingers. Post-dinner, Alanna came over after handling a crisis and we got smashed. High points of evening: Alanna cuts me with my knife; Iris and I burn our tongues on single grains of rice which Alanna infused with a copious amount of Tabasco sauce; the Arnold Palmer that's been laying around for months starts smoking when we open it; I throw up after drinking for the first time ever. (I suspect the last one was actually a result of taking a swig of that nasty juice, though.) Luckily, I had Alanna to comfort me through this and Iris to tuck me in at the end of the night, as well as keep me company.
Quotes of the day:
"The harpies are upon me!" - me
"I suggest you suck on that immediately." - Iris
"No. Yes. I can't answer that right now." - Alanna
...
Me: "Saying 'please' in a forceful tone doesn't make me want to give it to you."
Alanna: "That's what she said?"
No comments:
Post a Comment