Friday, March 15, 2013

Punk Rock Potato

          I delivered our security deposit to Symphony Properties today, the third check out of four. I quickly wrote an essay on cross-country running to earn some spring break CEP hours, and then Harrison and I began an overhaul of the fridge with assistance from Iris. Ryan appeared about halfway through the process and we made some small talk, but he shut himself in his room without offering any help. We removed everything, finding some treasures along the way, and took out the shelves to wash them. One tinfoil-wrapped object dating back to first semester defied identification for some time (it turned out to be some kind of pastry with meat.) We then reorganized everything so that everyone has their own space, with mine serving double duty as the "milk and communal stuff" shelf. Hopefully the amount of rotting objects in the fridge will drop dramatically. Later, Alanna, Iris, and I unexpectedly spent the evening sharing drinks and just hanging out. We read through the Wikipedia page on "musical royalty" and decided that "Chairman of the Board" is a pretty spiffy nickname for a musician (or anyone.)
          Quotes of the day:
"Oh my god, it looks like a little alien baby!" - Harrison
"We're in the middle of a crisis and you're talking about people?" - Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment