I had a hilarious dream in which I had to do a choreographed dance with Sean at some sort of a cappella competition. I woke up to a care package from home with various foods and a few clippings, including an article answering the question, "What the hell is a provost?" (It's the chief academic officer of a university, to whom all of the deans report.) After this, I went to work at ResMail for the long-delayed first time.
Naturally, "work" is a subjective term. For a couple hours, I sat around waiting for something to do and finished SuperFreakonomics. Eventually, a girl from a few of my classes (Research Methods, MPT) showed me around and taught me the mail delivery routine. After a stop at White Hall, I delivered mail to Loftman Hall on my own. After some more slack time in the mailroom, I went out on second delivery to Rubinstein and Burstein. On the floor in the Rubinstein mailroom, I found an absentee ballot (undelivered) from an election in February. With a combination of rage and embarrassment, I put it in the right mailbox. Better late than never? After work, Iris and I relaxed and watched some more of The Sopranos.
Quote of the day:
"Whatever. I'm a food pyramid O.G. to the end." - me
No comments:
Post a Comment