Notes for this entry were lost.
I have Thursdays off this semester, a welcome break before my busy Fridays. I took this one to smoke and get down to work, tearing through a few readings for Budgeting & Taxation. The first was titled "Capitalism and Freedom". I understand this is not a comparative budgeting class, but that seemed like a very charged text to start off with, especially with no context. It heavily defines the ideals of capitalism and the free market, but never really qualifies what socialism is; apparently a socialist government control all jobs within its reach. Upon reading the next selection, I realized that Professor Jimenez had been trying to get a rise out of me, and he succeeded. This one was far more balanced, rather less political, and much more articulate. I was apprehensive when I signed up for this class, but perhaps it will not be so bad after all. I also devoted a little time to my E. Science reading, which comes in the form of an online textbook (frustratingly enough) and took about fifteen minutes. Embedded videos only tangentially related to the material? No thanks.
I shared dinner and conversation with Katie at the dining hall, then drank quickly with Alanna at her apartment, where three extremely untidy roommates also make their den. We were soon off to a satisfying rehearsal in Blackman. After it wrapped up, I spoke with Jenn and was appointed as the pep band's Events Coordinator. So, allow me to coordinate you. A post-rehearsal party sort of sprung up, and Becky, Sabrina, Malcolm, Alaric and I held a meeting of the joint chiefs of staff. Sara, Nathan, Haley, Molly and John also joined the festivities. Once things had wound down, I attempted to get through reading for tomorrow but passed out almost immediately. I guess Thirsty Thursdays are my kryptonite.
No comments:
Post a Comment