Monday, January 6, 2014

Mr. Hit That Lick

Notes for this entry were lost.

          Following an aborted attempt to watch Kick-Ass 2 with Iris (she hated it), I indulged in further TF2, Borderlands, etc. On the way to Richards Hall, I felt oddly nervous for my first class of the semester. I'm learning about the U.S. Congress from a new professor named Beauchamp (pronounced Beacham -- don't ask) with a long, braided ponytail that makes him look like Paul Revere. The first day was what you would expect of any first day; I spent most of it watching the Green Line out the window and wondering where the thick, syrupy lollipop smell was coming from. Professor Beauchamp seems like a pretty okay guy, and Sabrina is in a class right next door, so bonus. My evening was spent playing elevated TF2 and trawling the Blunder Years subreddit with Alaric, Sean, Iris, and Nathan. Sean also fashioned some unnaturally tasty snacks out of Triscuits, goat cheese, and craisins.
          Quotes of the day:
"If we're lucky, that will all go terribly awry and we'll have something to talk about." - Professor Beauchamp, re: the sequester
"Political opinions aren't like religions or ethnic backgrounds, you're supposed to argue about them." - Professor Beauchamp
"The happy trail goes all the way up to your nose." - Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment