Friday, January 24, 2014

Nightmare Fuel

Notes for this entry were lost.

          For nostalgia's sake, Alaric and I watched a few episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark?, that stuff of childhood nightmares. The show is pure 90s cheese from an older perspective, but there's still a scary moment here and there. "The Tale of the Dead Man's Float" only worsened my fear of drawn shower curtains (originally born of The Shining.) A scene where the phantom bubbles up through a locker room drain in the form of crimson sludge was forever burned in my memory. Our next pick, "The Tale of the Doll Maker," was pervaded with creepiness and grade-A "I have no mouth and I must scream"-type body horror. Iris and I went to lunch at Pho Basil and obtained ice cream at Cold Stone, the cookie dough content of which made me a very happy camper.
          Quote of the day:
"...if you froze your dick and used it like a hammer to nail in nails..." - Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment