Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Official Political Science Headgear

Notes for this entry were lost.

          My second U.S. Congress class was the scene of a contentious normative discussion on the tyranny of the majority. Along the way, the class demonstrated a variety of opinions on what constitutes a majority that's "big enough" -- that is, big enough to justify telling the minority what to do. I recommended 65% to provide a buffer; another guy had an ethical struggle with his own reasoning that 51% should be sufficient. Later on, I did Nathan a solid by moving the band's music books from Curry to Matthews, since work delayed his arrival on campus. The music is extremely annoying to move, as the handcart has to be perfectly balanced and requires constant pressure to keep it so. Afterward, Iris and I played Borderlands together, but were plagued by LAN connection problems and my computer's insistence on crashing every few minutes.
          Quotes of the day:
"All the EMT people I know are coke addicts." - Professor Beauchamp
"If you put on your political scientist hat..." - Professor Beauchamp

No comments:

Post a Comment