Notes for this entry were lost.
Luckily, my illness didn't last the night, and I woke at 7 to get down to business. In E. Science, we watched videos of Richard Feynman and Sesame Street (separately) explaining the scientific method. I also learned that broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts are all cultivars of one weed (B. oleracea) native to the English Channel. This little fact set into my brain and released an involuntary spasm of thought: How temporary is all this? How fleeting? I was unable to further clarify what bothered me so much about the broccoli, and moved on to other things. B&T was let out early on account of snow, and AWPL was cancelled outright. This was a timely and happy development -- idleness is much sweeter when it's unexpected. I attended the Prison Book Program again and was happy to see Wendy, who is more or less my first friend in Quincy. After volunteering, I spent the night decorating and reading.
Quotes of the day:
"He's one of the most misunderstood people in history." - Prof. Helmuth, re: Darwin
p.s. I would like to apologize to the world for being an inveterate pen clicker. Forgive me this sin.
No comments:
Post a Comment