Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Black Mountain

          Normally, I do four reception shifts a day at work: 8-9:30, 10:45-12, 2-3, and ~5-6. Today, I was stuck at the desk from 8 to noon. A storm of people who'd been given the wrong number were calling in for a nonexistent phone conference, so I was turning aside calls left and right for a while. Afterward, I was so frazzled that I nearly smashed a glass in front of one of the attorneys, but caught it in time; free muffins and fudge were helpful during this time. While destroying a file, I was puzzled by a medical system company that offered no health insurance. After work, I walked with a newly returned Alaric, Sean and Iris to Iris/Eve/Cristina's summer spot at MIT; there, we discussed the Keurig machine and drew stupid hockey-related stuff on whiteboards.
          Quote of the day:
"Montenegro is known for its scenery, the laziness of its people, its prosciutto, and its beer." - Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment