I woke feeling extremely rested and ate the leftover sushi on my way to the Mass Ave stop. The highlight of the day was my first attorney/paralegal lunch, a monthly meeting where we can ask questions of an attorney and everyone gets free food. Today, the attorney was Dave G and the food was from Wagamama; I chose a beef dish of some kind. We discussed the difficulties of law school ("it's not that hard," says Dave G), we talked about different paths for lawyers, but mostly, we gossiped about people in the firm. Dave G also recounted a story about sneaking into the go-go dancer cages in a Las Vegas nightclub. The end of the day came soon enough, and I headed home for a scary political talk with Sean, not to mention a run on Wollaston's for sandwiches, pop tarts, and in the way of adventure, a CHILL tallboy soda (mediocre at best.)
Quotes of the day:
"I'll be here until I retire or get disbarred." - Dave G
"...irredeemably douchey..." - Dave G
"I would have liked to have mopped the floor with those fuckers." - Dave G
"Once I went into my opening statement, it was fine. I went into this fucking Zen state." - Dave G, re: public speaking
"Yeah, we shit cocks when we got there." - Dave G, re: Las Vegas
"I was like, 'Oh my god, either she has a kid or she has AIDS.'" - Dave G
"Any day's good that you make it to the end of." - Chris C
...
Kara: "Dave's tooth fell out and he glued it back in before trial."
Dave G: "Ten minutes before jury selection."
...
Kara: "Were you on a trial high?"
Dave G: "Oh yeah, for days. For a week."
Re: Dave G's personal Rich May "Mount Rushmore"...
Dave G: "Myself, [Tom], [Scott], [Frank]."
Ashley: "Wow, no one's ever listed themself before."
No comments:
Post a Comment