Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Longest Yard

          T minus two days until I'm twenty-one. I made conversation about this with a few of the paralegals, and they seemed pleasantly surprised; apparently, I will be the only co-op over 21 in recent memory. (Their names, for later reference: Ashley, Catherine, Meryl, Diddia, Julia, and Kara.) After work, I met Iris and we walked to Sugar Daddy's together. It was her first adventure into a head shop, and following small talk with the owner and a good deal of consideration, I had new equipment in hand. The haul: a beautiful, spindly green and purple piece of glass; a set of wire screens; a wooden incense holder; and four sticks of fancy incense (three vanilla, one "rainforest"). We chilled out with Alaric, David and Sean while I tested the new piece and contemplated a range of possible names. (In the running: The Green Goblin, because of its coloration; Drone Daddy, because it blasts you from a mile away; and Hotline, because of its unusual elongation.) Alaric and I watched an episode of Malcolm In the Middle, which was funny but also very stressful, and then a hyper-depressing movie called Dog Pound, which pictures the lives of juvenile delinquents in a correctional facility. It was gritty, suspenseful, and singularly mirror neuron-triggering in its depiction of violence. It is recommended, though perhaps not directly after Malcolm In the Middle.
          Quotes of the day:
"We need chicken nuggets. That's not something that should be taken away from us." - the Delivery Man
"The Home Depot solution to small animal mutilation." - Sean
"Some people like that the ladder watches over them. It's like a cult. They're called the Ladder Day Saints." - the Delivery Man
"I came here with 3 or 4 hours of prepared dialogue." - the Delivery Man

No comments:

Post a Comment