Iris and I went to Boston Market to share a meal. For what could be considered fast food, it's uniquely satisfying; their cornbread, delicious corn and hyper-gooey mac 'n cheese complement the protein servings well. While sitting inside, I finally noticed the closed Sebastian's that Iris had mentioned. It's tucked into a practically invisible storefront, within one of the walk-throughs to the other side of the CVS/Ace Hardware complex on Mass Ave. It didn't deserve such an ignominious fate, probably, though $7.50 sandwiches might have something to do with it.
A motley mix of Anne-Marie, Clay, Sean, Iris, Alaric, Regina and myself got together for companionship and ended up playing six separate drinking games -- first, a pretty underwhelming round of Kings, then a rowdy game of Purple, Fuck the Dealer (not my favorite), and then a few hair-raising games of Drug Dealer. We then moved on to an uproarious series of Post-It games, operating with these rules: Everyone is given a person or character from a previously agreed-upon category. This is placed on a post-it on their forehead, and players take turns asking yes/no questions until they receive a "no". Once someone is out (i.e., they've figured out who they are,) the stakes increase; each time a remaining player is told "no", they take a drink for each person who's already made it. The very last player gets three freebie "nos" before they have to start drinking again. Finally, we went through a couple of Press Conferences, in which one person enters a room and gives a press conference "in character" while trying to figure out who they are playing, based on the questions of the "reporters." Sometimes these drag on, sometimes not, as when I figured out that I was Ke$ha on the first question ("What's your morning routine?") The night turned out quite low-key for all the boozing going on, but it was good to see people.
Quote of the day:
"Am I a girl? Am I a pretty girl?" - Clay
No comments:
Post a Comment