Friday, July 25, 2014

Now Check This: What's Beef?

          I ran out the door at 7:40, running very late, but somehow made it into the office by a respectable 8:02. My day was very productive from early on; I had written out a 14-item "do today" checklist that was daunting at first, but I completed all of those tasks and another besides. This, despite that I went from wide awake to bone tired at 2:42 p.m. -- it was that dramatic. This was followed by a drastically bad attempt at typing something into Google, and in turn, misspelling "Google" when I tried to write a note about it. Working at the reception desk, I was continually almost falling over for the next hour, and at one point actually hallucinated that I'd moved my arm when I had, in fact, only intended to do so. Walking to the bank helped wake me up, and I did my best to spread some cheer at the post office. Anti-highlight: A client filling the main reception area (two stories high) with the smell of patchouli.
          Alaric and I chilled out in the afternoon, testing out a new crock-pot recipe. The others went clubbing, while Clay and I stuck around to talk over drinks. We put on Sin City and settled into a warm unsobriety with the aid of a new Kool-Aid creation called the Jonestown Juice. Halfway through, we took a pause and trekked to Tasty Burger on impulse. I had my usual -- mushroom burger, rare. Something I learned early on at the Red Onion is that when it comes to beef, the bloodier, the better. Back at home, we finished the movie. On his return, Alaric showboated for his date and apologized for the music I was listening to, throwing me into a black mood for some time after.
          Quote of the day:
"Oh no! Sloppy jalopy!" - Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment