Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Damn Yankees
I was dog tired at work, and did not have a very productive or pleasant day. I asked my mother over a week ago to mail my Social Security card; I need it to get a passport, which I can then use in turn to get a Massachusetts ID. The firm did throw a catered Yankee Swap/summer party, in which many lottery tickets, containers of alcohol, and other, more useless gifts were passed around. I screwed over Ashley, one of the paralegals, by trading the water bottle I'd drawn for her lottery tickets and some Twinkies. After giving Ashley two (unfortunately non-winning) tickets out of pity, I still won $11, which basically recouped my spending. Plus, Twinkies are automatic profit anyway. After this, I hit a wall and felt like a zombie for the rest of the day, and I got static from Dru because I hadn't gotten a task done in the timetable she was envisioning. I stayed late to get that done, and fell asleep as soon as I got home. I was eventually roused by the merry men out on Tremont, hollering and blasting reggaeton at an unreal volume. From this point on, I would not get back to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment