Monday, July 28, 2014

Keystone Kops

         I was somewhat late to work today, but no one seemed to notice. Typically only one to three staff/attorneys show up in that first half hour, anyway. I saw Ally D from Mark's office on the way to work, but I don't think she saw me and I kept my head down. That Christmas party never did pan out, though I suspect that was more her fault than mine. At reception, there were at least five robotic spam calls from the same number, all the same message: "ATTENTION. THIS IS NOT A SALES CALL." In the afternoon, I helped Dru, Nick K, Kathy, and Catherine to move a large, delicate model ship in a larger, even more delicate glass case so that Nick K could blow some dust off it, but we only made it worse.
          Quotes of the day:
"Excuse us! ...Oh, ugh." - Ashley, exiting an elevator to see my armful of mail
"And look! My comb was damaged during this process! I'm submitting an expense request." - Nick K

No comments:

Post a Comment