My apologies for the Snapchat overlay.
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Chair-Man of the Hoard
I spent most of my time at work moving boxes of files upstairs, downstairs and all around the file rooms in an on-and-off kind of day. I have also scored a leather office chair that, aside from a bit of frayed piping along the edges, is quite fancy and in great condition. (It was taking up space in the basement and Dru was going to throw it out, so I offered to pick it up instead.) This has not been a bad work week at all so far. I also learned that a lot of people's mothers never taught them not to stare, because I took the chair home on the T and some were straight-up staring at me. Like hey, I get it, it's out of the ordinary to see a guy with a large desk chair on the Orange Line. But don't stare me in the face like I'm a carnival attraction, because it's not that weird. Walking the chair around took forever, and I had to get creative when I first arrived at Downtown Crossing (read: handicapped entrance.) Once I had it in my room, though, potential swag was transformed into kinetic swag. I love my new chair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment