Thursday, August 14, 2014

Stay Noided

          It came time for another attorney/paralegal lunch, and this month's guest would be Dave W, a spiky, younger attorney who walks long circuits through the office. No one submitted any suggestions for food, so Ashley settled on a little place called Conor Larkin's. That's right -- our meeting was catered by a college-level pub. I choked back laughter when she put out the word, and only revealed my knowledge of it after lunch. As it happened, my sandwich was decent, and the meeting was lots of fun. Kara and the other paralegals like to needle this guy in particular, and his advice on socializing in law school was very informative. (Example, slightly paraphrased: "Don't do that high school clique shit.") Harold actually wrote an email to Dru full of effusive praise for my transcription skills, which I again felt was somewhat undeserved, but it was a nice thing to do at any rate.
          At the end of my shift, I walked to Beacon Street to meet up with Iris. The frat she's living in for the summer is right next to a Church of Scientology outfit; they're apparently moving, so I scavenged a large children's dictionary and some other random items. We met Alaric, Eve and Sean at Red Mango, where it finally struck me how tired I was. After we plodded home, the five of us shared whiskey sours. I played Borderlands 2 before bed, as per usual for this week.
          Quotes of the day:
"I'm just so fucking charismatic." - Dave W
"I beat you, Harold!" - Walter, in walker race mode
...
Julia: "You're not trying to reclaim your youth?"
Dave W: "I'm not trying to reclaim anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment