Friday, August 8, 2014

Potvin Sucks

          I use a series of cycling wallpapers at work, and one is a huge Rangers logo (it's harder to find decent 2560 x 1024 double wallpapers than you might think.) Jim F, one of the attorneys, came up behind the desk and asked, "Rangers fan, huh?" I warily responded that I was, and asked if he rooted for the Bruins. He replied that he owned Rangers season tickets for 4 or 5 years when he was living in New Jersey (props for not being a Devils fan), talked about how great this year's finals were, and reminisced about the 1979 playoffs. To sum up: NY defeated the Kings in 2 games to win the preliminaries, Philadelphia in 5 in the quarters, and the Islanders (who would be ascendant for the next decade) in 6 to take the semis. Of course, we dropped the finals in 5 to the Habs, but who cares about this stuff anyway? When I got home, I went to sleep early and missed a big chill session with Niki, Sean, Iris, Alaric, Eve, and Cristina.

No comments:

Post a Comment