I enjoy having Harold as my charge for a few minutes at the end of the day. I walk close by at his turtle's pace, in case he needs to grab my arm for support; a strong gust of wind could easily knock him down. I give people menacing looks when they come too close; the suits coming off work can be real assholes about other people's space and will practically trample you if you're in the way. After work was squared away, I headed to Iris's summer place with a tremendous load of free food, including a full Panera Bread baguette. After a brief rest there, including a foot massage and some conversation with Cristina, I went to help Stephanie move. Her friend Andrew was on the case as well, and the three of us made relatively quick work of it, though there is no easy way to drag a full grey cart from the Huntington dorms to International Village. We were subjected to a terrible proctor who kept forgetting to open the door after signing us in. Like, seriously: You have one job. ONE. When everything was moved into the room, Stephanie and I vaped and chilled out for a couple hours. I hit the trash room on my way out and scored four fancy chopsticks, a cool mug, black sesame cereal (Azn alert), an unopened carton of like 40 Lipton tea bags, a textbook, and unopened toothpaste. At home, I played more Borderlands 2 and finally ate the Union Square donuts I'd been carrying around since the afternoon.
Quotes of the day:
"What?! I got mail?!" - A.T.
...
Attorney: "I came in to haunt Harold [redacted]."
Dru: "That's good. He needs a good haunting."
No comments:
Post a Comment