Monday, January 5, 2015

Candlelight Vigil

          I stayed home and stayed awake to decorate and completely rearrange my room. I dragged Ian's clunky computer desk in there, moved my dresser, ditched the door I was using as my previous desk, and consolidated my bottle collection, opting to dispose of roughly a quarter of it. Ideally, it will be meticulously neat when I return to Boston, so that anything that appears in there when I'm gone will stick out immediately. I went out on the roof to survey my domain and took in the beauty of the mountains and the purity of the air. Later, I went inside and crushed Ian in a chess match after a few vicious sacrifices. I like to think I have something of an attack-first, swashbuckling style when it comes to chess (or most any game.) We had to use coins for some of the missing pieces, which made the game confusing at times and forced me to pay better attention to positioning. I return to Boston tomorrow, and Brian is coming with me! Now, to convince Ian to come along as well.

.     .     .     .     .

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered." - Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment