Saturday, January 3, 2015

Toxic

          When I woke for real, it was with a crushing hangover. I've been getting carsick since coming home, and I couldn't read in the van without feeling nauseous, something that was never a problem for me. The point is, it's good that Matt was driving me home because at the time, I wasn't qualified to operate a lawn mower. I laid down on the couch and ended up vomiting at home, though I did manage to stay incognito. The trouble really started when my aunt Judy came to pick me up for some late Christmas shopping. On the way into Kingston, I felt progressively worse and finally had to ask her to stop so I could get out and hurl. This helped for a little while, and I my aunt bought me a few great presents: shirts, pants, a tie clip, a Duck Dynasty tie (marked down 90%!), a tie clip, a pair of headphones packaged with a shirt for $12 (shirt graphic: "Totally Amped!"), and even some money. We took the haul home, just as I was beginning to feel better, and I went down for a nap to recover. All I could think all day was that I'm never drinking again, though of course that is false.

No comments:

Post a Comment