Monday, January 19, 2015

"Make certain that no stone stands, that no creature crawls. I command you to let loose the last of the Titans."

          Another men's basketball game awaited us today, but this would not be as positive an experience as other recent games. In a fast-paced, furious game, the Huskies led the Detroit Titans until the last minute, when they tied it up to force overtime at 60-60. The magic that was driving our team faded almost tangibly -- I swear I could hear a sucking sound as our shot at victory went down the drain. Falling apart and completely bushed, we were outscored 21-9 in the final 5 minutes for an ignominious 81-69 defeat. My anger at JL is approaching fever pitch due to some moves he made without council approval, including the removal of certain band members (on the basis of an overpopulation of drummers.) I agree with this in principle, but it seems like JL is going for a more unilateral type of power, the kind he was used to at UMass. I'm doing my best to maintain what I consider to be a healthy balance between director autonomy and council discretion.

No comments:

Post a Comment